Welcome to your tour to the Hollywood of Africa - Ouarzazate!
We will start by picking you up from your hotel and embark on our adventure, crossing the High Atlas Mountains, with stunning views of the valleys and Berber villages along the way. We'll make a couple of stops, first for tea and coffee, and then at the top of the High Atlas Mountains to take some incredible photos. Next, we'll visit an argan oil women’s cooperative, where you can learn about how this precious oil is produced and purchase some high-quality products.
1. Ait Bin Haddou : Our next stop will be the famous Ait Bin Haddou, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the location where Game of Thrones was filmed. This stunning example of a fortified city features ancient architecture, narrow alleyways, and grand towers.
2. Telouet Kasbah : We will then visit Telouet Kasbah, a grand palace that was once the home of the powerful Glaoui family. This intricate structure is decorated with beautiful mosaics and ornate carvings, and its grand halls will transport yo
u to another era.
3. Atlas Films Movie Studios : Next, we will visit the Atlas Films Movie Studios, where you can learn about the history of filmmaking in Morocco and see some of the sets used in famous movies including: Gladiator, Lawrence of Arabia, The Mummy, Prince of Persia and Babel.
4. Kasbah Taourirt : We will then visit the Kasbah Taourirt, a grand palace that was once the home of a powerful Berber family. This grand structure is decorated with beautiful mosaics and intricate carvings and features stunning views of the surrounding valley.
5. Cinema Museum : For those interested in cinema, we will also visit the Cinema Museum, which displays a collection of artifacts and memorabilia from the Moroccan film industry.
6. Bazars & Leisure : Finally, we will explore the bazaars and leisure areas of Ouarzazate, where you can purchase souvenirs and unique hand woven Berber carpets.